Devotions For Music Ministers

Devotion For Music Ministers

I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise will continually be in my mouth. My soul will make it's boast in the LORD. The Humble will here thereof and be glad.
Oh magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together
Psalm 34:1-3

A Testimony from a worship leader

Mario Mouser is a worship leader in a nearby city.  He had this testimony posted on facebook.  I sure this will bless you.  Thanks you, Mario for your dedication.  

check out his music on itunes  Mario Mouser on itunes

For All My Worship Leader Friends

by Mario Mouser on Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 8:55pm
 Some food for thought:

  As a full-time worship leader, every week I feel the burden to bring the glory of God into the sanctuary so that people
can be changed by His power. As of late, it seemed as if our church was going through a 'dry spell'. I felt like I was doing
everything in my power to be a good worship leader. I felt that our praise team/band was doing a great job of leading in worship.
Everything was the same as before, from what I could see.

  Just a few days ago, we were in our mid-week service. If you're a worship pastor or even just a faithful saint, I think that
we can all agree that at one point or another, we get the mindset that mid-week service isn't necessarily going to be our 'best' service.
Obviously, this isn't the mindset to have, when leading people to the throne room of God however, it happens from time to time.
I was in pre-service prayer and I was just going through the motions as usual. I said the usual prayer. "God, forgive me of anything
that could keep You from using me in this service. I need Your anointing, etc…" And all of a sudden, it hit me. Here I am, asking God
to use me to lead these people into His Glory and I have yet to be there, myself.

  I always tell our praise team how important it is to give everything we have when we're leading worship. For, this may be the last chance
that someone has to be in the presence of God. We should never take that lightly. It's so easy to get wrapped up in life and all the heart
aches and cares that come with it and to forget about what is truly important. I was reading a scripture today before Sunday morning service
and I got so convicted when I read it. I'd like to share it with you.

  "Quit your worship charades. I can't stand your trivial religious games: Monthly conferences, weekly Sabbaths,
special meetings-meetings for this, meetings for that. I hate them! You've worn me out. I'm sick of your religion,
religion, religion, while you go right on sinning. When you put on your next prayer-performance, I'll be looking the
other way. No matter how long or loud or often you pray, I'll not be listening. And do you know why? Because you've
been tearing people to pieces, and your hands are bloody. Go home and wash up. Clean up your act. Sweep your lives
clean of your evildoings so I won't have to look at them any longer. Say no to wrong. Learn to do good. Work for justice.
Help the down-and-out. Stand up for the homeless. Go to bat for the defenseless." Isaiah 1:13-17 -The Message

  Let us never forget that great responsibility comes with great power. If you feel that God has given you the talent and ability
to minister to people through music, give everything that you have every time you step on the stage to lead worship. You have
the chance to take someone by the hand and lead them to God through song; singers/musicians alike. And once they get to God,
He can change them forever.

  Every time I get up to lead worship, whether it be at my home church or not; whether the venue be big or small, I always have
this raging nervousness in the pit of my stomach. I thought that once I got used to leading worship and being in front of people,
it would eventually go away, however, it hasn't. But, I've grown to love it because it has become a reminder to me that, as a worship
leader, it's my passion and obligation to have the heart and mind of God every time I take the stage, as well as living a life of worship,
consecrated and dedicated to Jesus Christ.


  For some reason, I felt compelled to post this. I hope that, in some way, it encourages you.

God bless,

mario

Worship Team Coach - Blog