Devotions For Music Ministers

Devotion For Music Ministers

I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise will continually be in my mouth. My soul will make it's boast in the LORD. The Humble will here thereof and be glad.
Oh magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together
Psalm 34:1-3

The Father Seeks For Worshipers

 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.   God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 

John 4:23-24



When the woman at the well was face to face with the Son of God she was curious about what He had to offer her.  He so lovingly but accurately confronted her with who she was and how she had violated God's law.  She tried to create an argument about where it was appropriate to worship God.  Jesus told her in essence that it was not where that made the difference but it was the identity of the worshiper that makes the difference.  Many can get caught up in a worship service with the act of worship yet just like the woman in John 4 do not want to deal with their sin.  Yet dealing with our hearts is primary to being the kind of worshiper that God is seeking.  I am truly in awe of the fact that there are those people who God is actually desiring worship from while others who He would rather not get worship from.  The idea that God is looking for those who worship in spirit and in truth is absolutely amazing.  It seems that many churches understand spirited worship.   Unfortunately too many use exciting contemporary music and demonstrative praise as a means to draw crowds.  There is only One that I am concerned about attracting with spirited worship.  I know He is looking for more than spirit.  He is also looking for truth.  How do I measure up to the Ten Commandments.  The plane truth is I don't.  I have failed miserably and stand in need of the blood that Jesus has shed on the cross.  One lie makes a liar.  Anything stolen no matter how small makes a thief.  Anger without a cause makes a murderer and a lustful look makes an adulterer. Anything I make more important to me than my time and relationship with God is an idol.  Repentance at the foot of the cross is my only option.  This is the truth.   Jesus is truth and the way and the life.  Knowing what He has done for me makes me grateful.  Truly grateful from the depths of my heart.  The book of Psalms tells us many times that a heart of gratitude is what we need to approach the Lord.  Just like the woman in John 4 as she went out to proclaim everything that Jesus had done for her.  She proclaimed Him to be the Christ.  Many came to Jesus and were healed as the result of her testimony.  Many more believed when they saw what Jesus did for themselves.  Acknowledgement of the evil of my sin and repentance is mandatory in being the kind of worshiper that is going to bring Jesus to the heart of sinners and change their lives forever.   Let your worship  be in spirit and in truth.







Worship Tracks: Hear My Worship (As Made Popular By Jaime Jamgochian)[Performance Track] - Worship Tracks



Hear My Worship - Reason to Live

Worship Team Coach - Blog