Devotions For Music Ministers

Devotion For Music Ministers

I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise will continually be in my mouth. My soul will make it's boast in the LORD. The Humble will here thereof and be glad.
Oh magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together
Psalm 34:1-3

The Faith Of A Worshipper

“The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” 
from 1 Samuel 17:37

Everyone looked at the situation as a lost cause.  No one believed there was any hope of deliverance or victory.  Goliath was too big of an enemy.  His mockery of God went unchallenged.  His defiance of God's people only caused them to fear.  Then came David.  David was different from the rest of God's people.  David was a man of much prayer.  David was a man of worship.  David knew his God personally from hours of being alone with Him.   Some of David's family probably said, "He is too heavenly minded to be any earthly good."  


David knew what it meant to dwell in the secret place with God.  (Psalm 91)


Now others tried to discourage him from making a move of faith.  David's older brother accused him of being full of pride.  King Saul tried to get him to see that he was too young and Goliath was too strong.  Goliath mocked David and let him know exactly how he planned to destroy him.

David proclaimed the delivering power of God. David proclaimed the strength of God.  David proclaimed the power of the name of God.  The battle was before him but David knew God was with him.

Too many times we let our fears distract us from worshiping God.  We look to our own strength and it always comes up short.  The enemies of God mock us for our faith and we fall into the trap of believing them and living in fear.  We need to learn this lesson from David so we have the faith that he had.

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 
   
Why could David say this? Look where David's heart was.

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.


When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.



13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Let this be your confession today.  Be blessed as you seek God's face and give Him praise.






                                                  

                                                                  

Worship Team Coach - Blog