Devotions For Music Ministers

Devotion For Music Ministers

I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise will continually be in my mouth. My soul will make it's boast in the LORD. The Humble will here thereof and be glad.
Oh magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together
Psalm 34:1-3

Triumphed Gloriously part 3

In the book, The Power Of Praise And Worship by Terry Law it says...
There is a great difference between victory and triumph. Victory is the accomplishment of the defeat of the enemy. It is winning the battle, the silencing of the Devil. Triumph involves much more than victory. Victory makes triumph possible, but a triumph is a celebration of the victory already won. pg. 148



Exodus 15


1. Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the Lord, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
2.The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Moses wasn't expecting his life to change that day in the dessert. He was tending his father in-laws sheep going through the daily routine to take care of his new found family. In his mind he could not even fathom that in a few months he would be singing this song of victory and watch the mighty hand of God deliver a nation of people that had known only slavery and oppression for four hundred years. Yet here he is standing in front of a burning bush and hearing the voice of God. He was actually talking with God and God was revealing the plans he had for this eighty year old man.
Exodus 3:19-21 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand. And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go. And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty.

Moses asked a question. “Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?” Moses had a forty year old past that he had run from. He was a ruler in Egypt yet he was Hebrew. Seeing the oppression that his family went through must have really ate at him. Their fuuture looked grim. Finally after forty years of holding it in he let it all out on one Egyptian torturer and he murdered him. Although he attempted to hide the body he was seen. This sent him fleeing into the dessert where he met his family and decided to start life over. A wife and children. A father in-law who was a priest. In his mind it was better to serve God away from this impossible oppressive situation. Just to be alive and away from it all should make him content. In Egypt he was a wanted man. After all he should have never been alive to begin with. At the time of his birth Hebrew baby boys were being murdered. The Pharaoh felt it was important to control the population of the slaves. Although Moses mother had told him that he was spared by God for a reason it was hard to remember that being raised in Pharaoh's castle. “What can I do?” or “Who am I?” seemed like reasonable questions.



CHORDS

Casting Crowns - Casting Crowns - Who Am I
Who Am I
Who Am I (High Key Version With Background Vocals)
Who Am I (Low Key Version With Background Vocals)
Who Am I (Medium Key Version With Background Vocals)
Who Am IWho Am I (Piano/Vocal/Chords, Sheet Music)Ultimate Tracks - Who Am I - as made popular by Casting Crowns [Performance Track]
Could a meeting with God in the dessert really make a difference? Even Jesus spent time alone with God. Moses kept thinking the job could not be done because of all his short comings. God kept telling him that He would be doing the miraculous. All that God wanted was for Moses to be obedient and faithful.
Don't let your weaknesses keep you from having faith to do what God has called you to do. Obedience and faith will keep you on track and perfect love will cast out fear. Only take time to get alone with God in prayer and in His Word. There is a victory song in the future for you.

2 Corinthians 2:14. Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.



Yolanda Adams - The Best of Me: Yolanda Adams Greatest Hits - Victory

Victory (Album Version)
How to play youtube video

Worship Team Coach - Blog