Devotions For Music Ministers

Devotion For Music Ministers

I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise will continually be in my mouth. My soul will make it's boast in the LORD. The Humble will here thereof and be glad.
Oh magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together
Psalm 34:1-3

Singing That Brings God's Presence


There are certain CD's I will play when I really am desperate for an answer from God. It really doesn't have as much to do with the songs that are sung as much as how much spiritual consecration and preparation and prayer the singer has put in to the songs. Just like when David came and played for Saul there have been times when I have been spiritually oppressed and needed to hear from God. So I would put in one of those CD's or just felt impressed to sing certain songs and when the song was being sung God would give me Scriptural revelations and answers. In verse 2 of Psalm 101 David shows this kind of desperation for God. He exclaims, “O when wilt thou come unto me?” The rest of the Psalm shows what David was willing to do to bring God's presence to him.

Psalms 101

1.I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O Lord, will I sing.
Notice the subject of his songs. Compare to Matthew 23:23
2.I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
It not only had to do with what he sung but how he behaved.
3.I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
It had to do with what he watched and gave attention and time to.
4. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
5. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
6. Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
7.He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
It had to do with the company he kept and avoided.
8.I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.
It had to do with the way he dealt with sin in his life. He destroyed it early or you could say quickly.
Matthew 23:23. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Worship Team Coach - Blog